Mezzo-soprano Sasha Cooke, whose portrayal of Kitty Oppenheimer with the Metropolitan Opera won the Grammy Award for Best Opera Recording, joins Jason for selected dates. They have collaborated at Music@Menlo and at the Kennedy Center, and this program focuses on music more naturally suited to the intimate and colorful magic of voice and guitar.
- DE FALLA: Siete canciones populares españolas (guitar and flute)
- METHENY: ‘Four Paths of Light’ Pt 2 (solo guitar)
- LEWIS: What Day is It Now? & Going Out to Meet the Moon Whales (guitar and flute)
- JOBIM: “A Felicidade”, arr. Dyens (solo guitar)
- SCHUBERT: Assorted songs, including Gretchen am Spinnrade, Schlummerlied, Nacht und Traüme, and Auf dem Wasser zu singen
- SONDHEIM: Children Will Listen & Losing My Mind
- LENNON/MCCARTNEY: I Will & Julia